Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Twelve Blue



Physically difficult to read: the blue on blue small font gave me a headache. The computer I am using has a wide screen; I tried to reduce the size but could not.
When I clicked on “one” and read the screen, only one area was hypertexted, so I clicked on that. The experience was much more linear than I was lead to believe it would be. When I clicked on “two,” I did have choices, and was taken variously to designs as well as text.
Regarding the prose, if it can be called prose, the text seemed like steam of consciousness poetry. Some of the wording was clever (“embers of September;” “mouths of months;” “lookout for her outlook”) but not my “cup of tea” (also clever: “tea cups and tin cups.”) “Embers of Septembers” is a nice image of a waning summer; “lookout for her outlook” is beyond me.
I would have quit had I not been assigned to spend ninety minutes with the thing.
Back to the same screen, this time by a different route. How interesting (sarcasm). I would like it better if so many sentences did not begin with “There are…” or “There were…”
A colleague walks by and says, “Wow, that must be hard to read,” reacting to the blue on blue.”
“You don’t know the half of it,” I reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment